Monday, September 6, 2010

New clothing for APT

I have been designing and making clothing for my own children for the past 5 years, and have sold them for a year with a friend of mine under the label 'made it baby'. It is now time to bring some of the fashion side of my creativity home to A.P.T. CreatioNZ.

Taking influence and inspiration from past and present, I hope to create a true mixture of classic style and modern flare.

One of my favourite periods is the 1920's, which is where I have drawn inspiration for one of my first little dresses. In true layered style, this modern 'flapper' dress is just as at home with the Charleston as it is punk rock!

To add to the look I am also working on some headbands with flower details like the one here, and will possibly add some co ordinating ballet style pumps and fabric jewellery.


This is the first stage of the 'APT flapper' , all cut out and ready to sew. I may need to tweak the pattern, as this is my first draft - but once I have mastered it I will be making the design in a few colours and sizes.

Black will be the next colour I try, as I would love to see the drama of the contrast in my product shots.

I will post more photos of this gold version once its finished (even if it has things I would change).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Wow oh wow - I LOVE the flapper dress idea so much. Please post when you get further...and I SOOO want one! x

    ReplyDelete