Sunday, January 30, 2011

Party, party, party!

Happy New Year to you all...I am sorry for neglecting you all until now, but it has been a rather hectic time in our household, with Christmas being followed closely by my 2 eldest daughters birthdays. We were selling our house this time last year, so they both missed out on the 'BIG' party...well we certainly made up for that this year!

My 3yr old opted for a 'Mermaids & Sharks' theme. I had lots of fun with the girls making props like jelly fish & crabs to decorate a gazebo tent.

There was a sand pit treasure hunt, pass the parcel, a bubble machine, pin the fin on the shark...and then there was the food!


Ash has a number of food allergies - so my challenge was planning 'ash friendly' party food that everyone will enjoy. I made a shark cake (gluten, egg, dairy, soy & nut free) chocolate mud cake. I will post the recipe soon for those who have kids with allergies ;0)Then there was sushi, jelly, rice crispies, fruit, crackers and so on.



I will be writing a full themed party guide for this and putting it on my site soon, along with my 5yr olds 'Alice in Wonderland' Party - which deserves a post all of it's own!
I am actually going to have a full section on my site dedicated to kids party ideas & some d-i-y ideas to make them magical! Please leave a comment if there is a certain theme you are interested in.
x x x Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment